Thunderbird 3 is out
If, like me, you can’t stand webmail interfaces for reading and replying to emails you’ll be glad to know Mozilla finally got around to releasing a new version of Thunderbird, their email client, you can download it here.
Some of the new features:
- Tabbed browsing of emails (why? not using it)
- Search (better search is always good)
- Message archiving (sounds useful)
- Smart Folders (merges things like multiple inboxes, could be useful, not using it)
- Easier account setup (good)
- One-click address book (about time!)
- Attachment reminder (never forget to add it!)
- Activity manager (why, I don’t care what it does, it could use magic as long as my emails appear)
- Better junk mail and phishing protection (I use Gmail, works great even if the UI is useless)
More details about the new features can be found here.